Recipe Ideas

Monday, May 30, 2011




Balsamic Roasted Onions by Michelle Huisman

One of my favourite things about the shop is when people come back and tell me about the meals they have made using products that they bought at Le Marché St. George. I started asking people to send me a quick photo and a list of ingredients.

Carleigh sent me these three amazing dishes that she made using products from Le Marché and things in her pantry. Don't feel shy to share your recipe ideas and creations to info@marchestgeorge.com.



"Even though the weather is getting warmer, I couldn't resist the combination of the sweet split peas and the salty duck procuitto. I removed the skin and rendered it nice and crispy first, so that everything would have a tasty beginning, and then the decadent cubes of procuitto were tossed in at the last minute to keep them tender."



"Here is what I made tonight for dinner, using your wonderful Polderside duck chorizo, tinned whole cherry tomatoes, and black beans. In addition I used corn penne, fire roasted corn, garlic chips, and some baby kale, and kale flowers."



"This is my latest brunch appetizer favourite! The pie dough is a cheddar cheese pie dough using Birchwood Dairy's Sharp Cheddar, the filling is the Polderside Duck Breakfast Sausage, and the dipping sauce is Yuzu Marmalade."

Thanks again Carleigh for sharing!

No comments :

Post a Comment